We Are Virgils Plant Shop
Kansas City’s traveling houseplant oasis, bringing living beauty to the city.
Our converted mini school bus allows us the unique privilege of popping up at all of your favorite markets, special events and art walks.
Bringing the joy of taking home a new plant baby alongside a curated collection of plant accessories made by local artists.
- New growth challenge! 🌱 We were hoping to test your plant knowledge and possibly entertain you a bit, so here goes: • • • Shoot us a direct message with the name (common name or scientific name) of each plant pictured, and we will choose two winners at 4pm tomorrow who will get 15% off their next plant purchased (we will begin getting in plants in the next week)! No cheating—let’s see what you know! • • The plant names will be posted tomorrow at 4:30 along with the two winners!
- Check out our story today to see how to repot this Disocactus ackermannii (Red Orchid Cactus)!
- Missin’ this guy this week! We can’t wait until it’s safe enough to congregate in our plant bus again! Until then, we’ll be getting our brick and mortar all set up, and will begin doing deliveries again once the shop is ready, so stay tuned 🌵❤️
- So long little yellow shop, and hello new peach shop! We are painting this week and want to hear your thoughts on what color to paint it! Keep in mind it needs to be a light color that will reflect the sun, and help our lush greenery pop! Give us your thoughts in the comments ✌🏼🎨
- Sneak peak of our future home! We are so excited to share this with you all, and can’t wait until you can see it with your own eyes! We will be building it out these next few weeks to make it a new oasis for all your planty needs and desires. Stay tuned! We are grateful to be shouldered next to the lovely @inner_space_is_the_place yoga studio and beautifully curated @peachesvintagecollective 💖
- Hey folks! Here for a check in✌🏼We are working this week on getting our new storefront set up and are excited to show you the progress. We hope to be open sooner rather than later, but until then we will take you on some virtual tours! Stay tuned🌵
- Hey planty people, we wanted to tell you all how much we appreciate your overwhelming support this last week. We sounded the alarm, and you all truly showed up for us in this time. We are in a transition right now that was supposed to include moving locations and getting out the plant bus, but due to COVID-19 we were instead forced to close our doors and attempt to liquidate as much inventory as we could to ease this time in-between storefronts—and you know what? We sold EVERY PLANT in our shop, not to mention a slew of locally made items that helps support other local artists. You have provided the support that we needed to make it through this downtime, and emerge on the other side bigger and better than ever. So thank you, from the very bottom of our hearts—we honestly would not be here without you. We will be trying to get out some instructional videos soon, where if you feel so led, you can donate to the shop, or just sit back and learn some things you may not have already known! Stay tuned for more news from us, and if you are interested in receiving our weekly newsletter, which keeps you up to date on shop updates and features a couple plants, shoot us your email, and we’ll add you! Thank you all again, and keep on keepin’ on❤️
- Letting you all know that, sadly, today will be our last day of delivery. We will be running all over town today getting all our planty people air purifying greenery, and locally made goods, so get your orders in sooner rather than later. We still have plenty of wonderful candles by @getlitcandleskc and @brooklyncandlestudio macrame by @knottymommi pots by @sticksandstonesceramics and @danohmsdirt airplant holders by @shane_the_rain_storm and our very own Virgil’s Plant Shop mugs by @msgpottery ! Help support your small business community if you can, and stay tuned for some projects we are working on that we will be bringing you while you’re stuck at home. ❤️ Thank you all for your support, and see you all soon!
- This trailing Hoya Carnosa ‘Variegata’ is bringing our shop a little pop of pink! These beauties enjoy bright filtered light and moderate moisture, watering only once the soil has dried out about halfway (they are sensitive to overwatering). We have two of these left, plus a handful of other plants here to help you feel happy during your time at home! *We be delivering until tomorrow at which point we will cease delivery and pick-up until the order has been lifted for Kansas City—so please contact us today and tomorrow for a last minute plant or gift! We also have plenty of incredible woodsy candles, locally made pots, and Virgil’s mugs! Help support our little oasis if you can, and stay safe 💖. Check out our highlights story ‘DELIVERY PLANTS’ to view our inventory!
FIND OUR VINES
Virgils Plant Shop is currently
OFF THE ROAD UNTIL SPRING
The bus is off the road for the season, but we will be moving to our new storefront soon!
FROM 1746 Washington St KCMO 64109
TO 2711 Troost Ave KCMO 64109
To be announced soon!
Until then, please tune into our videos on our Instagram and Facebook detailing plant care!
FREE delivery to the KCMO area
$10 delivery fee within 15 miles with a $50 minimum order
Virgils Plant Shop